Friday, July 5, 2013

LOTD - NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Lodhi

I have always have a soft spot for chubby lip pencil, whether it's a $3 drugstore brand or a $30 luxury brand. I love them because applying lip color from a lip pencil feels much easier for me. First, the pencil shape let me hold it firmly, which gives me more control during application. Second, the tip of the pencil is round and pointed, improving my accuracy when applying compared to when using a standard lipstick. So, whenever I heard of a new chubby lip pencil, I will try them as long as I can get my hand on them.

Right now I'm loving NARS Satin Lip Pencil ($25), mainly because of its intense pigmentation and formulation. My lips tend to be dry and opaque lip color tend to emphasize the dryness. So I was pleasantly surprised when I tried NARS Satin Lip Pencil. There is not tugging on lips. The color goes on smoothly and it goes opaque in one stroke. The color is INTENSE.


Most of creamy chubby lip pencils available in the market works mainly as colored balm or tint. For example, Clinique's Chubby Stick Moisturising Balm and Tarte's Lip Tint. Even the cult brand Urban Decay's Super-Saturated High Gloss seems lackluster in comparison to NARS Satin Lip Pencil, as Urban Decay's only deposits a little bit of color and multiple layers are needed before it covers my lips completely. I have gotten used to the idea that if you can never have both opaque color and creamy finish.  But somehow NARS Satin LIp Pencil gives you both! Intense color payoff and creamy finish.

I'm just so pleased I gave it a try, especially since I was hugely disappointment by its elder sister, NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil. The later made my lips as dry as Sahara!


The color that is currently on my daily rotation is Lodhi. It's bright coral that actually comes out coral on my lips (please ignore my chapped lips). Again, I was pleasantly surprised since most of my coral lipstick comes out pink on my lips. I love how the coral color somehow brighten up my complexion. I usually apply the same way as how I apply my lipstick. One layer all over my lips, blot with tissue, and another layer to make sure it last all day.

On me, Lodhi last a good 5-6 hours. It even last through coffee and my new habit of sipping a bit of water every half an hour or so. When it eventually wear off, it left a pretty peachy pink stain on my lips. This is great since I almost never remember to do touch up when I'm working. The stain was only completely removed when I use cleansing oil to remove my make up at night.

The only downside of NARS Satin Lip Pencil (and almost all lip pencil out there) is that I have to sharpen it. I kind of wished NARS took it a step further and make an automatic chubby lip pencil like Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain, which is another drugstore favorite of mine. Luckily, the intense color payoff from NARS makes my lip pencil last longer and sharpening is not needed as often because you only need to use a little bit of product each time.

Have you tried NARS Satin Lip Pencil? What color is your favorite? I'm glad this is a permanent line since I'm planning to collect more of them.:)



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment