Friday, August 23, 2013

Some hair TLC with Kerastase Masque Age Recharge

I have been super busy with work and other projects and it shows on my skin and hair condition. My fine straight Asian hair was soft and easily manageable, but because I have oily scalp I've always washed my hair on a daily basis without using conditioner afterward. In the past it was never a problem because I always try to make time for monthly hair spa session either at a salon or at home. But my last hair treatment was during my last holiday in April. From then, it's been work work and work.... So my hair strands are dry and brittle with tons of fall out all through the day, while my scalp is still oily. It desperately needs some tender loving care.

So last week I make the time to stop by my regular hair salon to purchase a hair mask. After the salon lady scanned my hair and scalp, she recommended Kerastase hair mask called Masque Age Recharge. To be honest, I only bought it is because she told me that I can apply this at night, go to bed and then wash it in the morning. I thought it saves me time since I don't have to waste 15-30 minutes waiting for the mask to soak in. I purchased my mask for IDR 480k (roughly equivalent to $48), cheaper than the price on Kerastase website but still more expensive than those sold in Ebay or Amazon. Pricey, but my hair and I were desperate.


Guess what? When I got home, I got caught up with my projects again and forgot to apply the mask. So in the morning I thought I'll just slap some on after washing my hair with my regular shampoo, wait for 5 minutes and wash it off. I know I was told to leave it for at least 10-15 minutes, but I was pressed for time and my hair is practically begged for moisture, so I thought 5 minutes was better than nothing. With this, it should be applied on to the hair and lightly massaged into the scalp. Note that most hair mask should only be applied to the hair strand and not the scalp. However, this particular type should be applied to both.

The mask is very light in texture. I almost couldn't feel the slippery texture of regular moisturizing hair mask. I was so tempted on applying tons of products, just to make sure it works. But my logic says not to waste the product especially since I'm only going to leave it for 5 minutes. I didn't feel any dramatic change after washing off the hair mask and still noted the usual fall out when washing my hair. I realized the change after lightly blow drying my hair. The texture becomes softer and more manageable. There was no dry flyaway hair, even though I didn't put spray or styling product whatsoever. My blow dry last a whole day and my hair smells wonderful.

My biggest surprise was when I washed my hair the following day with my regular shampoo without using any conditioner. The hair stays soft, moisturized and shiny all day long. It took me 5-10 minutes to blow dry my hair because there was no tangle and the hair strands just feels healthy.

I've been applying Kerastase Masque Age Recharge in the shower twice a week for over 2 weeks and it's still working effectively. After 2 weeks, I also found that in the evening my scalp is not as oily as it used to be. I would probably purchase some more jars as back up when I run out.

The bottom line is I really recommend this product for people with fine dry brittle hair. I'm not sure it will give enough moisture if you have thick curly hair, so you might be better trying other richer hair mask. But if you have fine hair, this mask will give you softness, moisture and shine without weighing down your hair. Just make sure you don't apply too much product because of its lightness in texture.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment